Rib Rub. I have never been much of a fan of sweet BBQ sauces but a good dry keto rib rub? Uh…yep, sign me up Scotty. This is so easy it’s ridiculous. I don’t use any kind of vinegar mop, just a plain ole rub which is not even “rubbed” into the meat- only sprinkled liberally. The ingredients below are for pork ribs and/or pulled pork but can easily be used on chicken too. The recipe is for several full pork rib racks so if you don’t use it all it will last nearly forever and if you are going to need more then you can just double or triple the recipe. Yes, it has a bit of zerocarb Just Like Sugar Brown to temper the heat, but this is really a savory rather than any drop-dead sweet concoction and remember, any or all of these ingredients can be adjusted to your taste buds. For me, I want to be able to taste my pork ribs (or any meat for that matter) and not drown them out with heat or sweet. Ye Gads and oh, the kitchen smells this will generate. I am sitting here writing this post and all I can smell is…the keto rib rub.
Notice there is no smoked flavor except what you will get in the chipotle powder. Paprika is used in most rubs and at least for me, it is just a filler and not much of a flavor enhancer. If you like it then by all means, please use some.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 3 T Chili Powder
- 1 T Just Like Sugar Brown***
- 1 T Garlic Salt
- 1 T Cumin Powder
- 1 T Dried Thyme
- 1½ t Chipotle Powder
- Put all herbs and spices into a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle liberally on anything you wish.
- I generally cook my pork ribs inside a foil envelope in the oven. I think they become more tender, they don't darken so much and...it keeps the juices in, which I then drizzle over my cut ribs.
- 6 Servings
- 13 Calories, 0.5g Protein, 0.6g Fat, 2.0g Carbs, 1.3g Fiber, 0.7g Net Carbs
- If not using all of it right away, store in small glass container and it should last a very long time.