Low Carb Sausage Spinach Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms. Everybody has their own favorite stuffed mushroom recipe and this Sausage Spinach Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms is only mine. They are good & good for you. Serve half as an appetizer or side vegetable and one as a main course. I guarantee these are very filling as a portobello mushroom acts nicely as a meat substitute.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am not compensated in any way for recommending a product that I use***
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 4 Portobello Mushrooms
- ¼ Lb Ground Sausage
- ¼ C Minced Onions
- ½ C Chopped Spinach
- 4 Oz Sautéed & Chopped Mushrooms
- 4 Oz Grated Gruyere Cheese
- 1 T Butter
- ½ t Porcini Dust***
- ½ t Salt
- ¼ t Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°
- With a small spoon carefully scoop out black gills and if you can, buy mushrooms that are still curled on the edges as these are the most fresh.
- Twist out stems, chop finely, add to other chopped mushrooms & sauté in butter.
- Cook sausage, retain fat, and sauté onions.
- Put sautéed veggies in bowl with rest of ingredients and mix well.
- Mound ¼ mixture into each portobello cap and bake until caps are just tender-about 25-30 minutes.
- 4 Servings
- 232 Calories, 16.2g Protein, 16.6g Fat, 7.0g Carbs, 2.5g Fiber, 4.5g Net Carbs
- I find one pretty good sized mushroom to be a complete meal so if you doing this as an appetizer, ½ should be plenty, plenty.
- You may also sprinkle a couple teaspoons of Parmesan cheese on top before baking.