Low Carb Salmon Cakes & Tartar Sauce and what better place to put some spinach, maybe a slice of tomato, an egg, & a side of asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce? If you want to make these plain (and there is nothing plain about them) you might want the recipe for Tartar Sauce
If you have ring molds they will certainly help in the making of these as anyone who has ever tried to form a seafood cake will attest -they fall apart very easily. I personally do not have these molds but I do have really old larger tuna cans that I have used for years and if you buy rings you will probably find other ways to use them as well. (Think eggs). But you can certainly make 8 & serve 2 each as the smaller cakes are easier to deal with. Norpro makes a set of 4-3½” muffin rings for somewhere around $7-8. They will make life easier and here is a place to get more Ring Molds than you ever thought possible.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
- 1 Lb Salmon
- 1 Egg
- ⅓ C Crushed Pork Rinds***
- ⅓ C Mayonnaise
- ⅓ C Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ⅓ C Tiny Diced Onions
- ⅓ C Thinly Sliced Green Onion Tops
- 3 T Lemon Juice
- ¼ t Garlic Powder
- ½ t Cajun Spice
- ½ t Salt
- 1½ C Crushed Pork Rinds***
- 3 T Butter
- Combine egg, mayonnaise, ⅓ C pork rinds, mozzarella, onions, garlic powder, cajun spice, salt, and lemon juice.
- Fold in flaked salmon.
- Gently form salmon cakes and put into pork skins. Do not try to turn them as they fall apart easily. Just take more skins and gently press onto the tops.
- If, and I mean if, you have egg rings this is a time to use them.
- Lightly butter rings and place one in pork skins. fill ring & sprinkle more skins on top. Repeat.
- I actually do not have rings because way back when, I started saving tuna cans and that is what I use.
- Place salmon cakes in butter, cook 6-7 minutes, remove rings, flip gently, and cook another 6-7 minutes. You want your cakes to be nice & crispy, and golden brown & delicious.
- Serve with tartar sauce and a wedge of lemon.
- 4 Servings
- 544 Calories, 31.5g Protein, 45.2g Fat 2.9g Carbs, .5g Fiber, 2.4g Net Carbs
- 8 Servings
- 272 Calories, 15.8g Protein, 22.6g Fat 1.5g Carbs, .3g Fiber, 1.2g Net Carbs
- These may be served as a main course or as an appetizer and I have given the nutritionals for both. If you have your own favorite Remoulade then feel free.