Low Carb Fish Spread. More than likely any fish spread will be low carb and the best way to keep it this way is to eat it with vegetables rather than high carby crackers. I do have a couple of good low carb cracker recipes on the site and the best one might be the Sour Cream & Chive Crackers. If you feel particularly daring, you might also try it with toasted Carbalose Bread which has only 2.9g carbs per slice.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 Lb White Fish (Tilapia or Rockfish Work Very Well)
- 1 T Butter
- ½ Cup Mayo
- ½ C Sour Cream (Or Crème Fraiche)
- ⅓ C Lemon Juice
- ¼ C Minced Onion
- ¼ C Minced Green Onion Tops
- 1 Stalk Celery Minced
- 1 Tiny Jalapeno Pepper Seeded & Minced
- 1 T Horseradish Cream
- 2 t Tabasco Sauce
- 1½ t Dijon Mustard
- 1 t Paprika
- 1 t Liquid Smoke
- ½ t Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ t Salt
- Pepper To Taste
- Cook fish in butter then cool and flake well like kind of mash it up including any butter you may have left over.
- Mix rest of ingredients, add macerated fish and refrigerate for at least several hours.
- Add pepper to taste.
- 8 Servings
- 144 Calories, 12.8g Protein, 9.4g Fat, 2.2g Carbs, .4g Fiber, 1.8g Net Carbs