Low Carb Cinnamon Walnut Roll Crêpes. If you can make Carbalose Flour Cinnamon Walnut Rolls why can’t you put the same tastes into a crepe? Well you can. I just love that every little bite looks like a cinnamon walnut roll. Again, very easy and fast to make and you will need a recipe of Flaxseed Meal Crêpes.
It is always fun to come up with something new and this was no exception but the bottom line question is always; will they taste good. I’m glad you asked and well yes, they do and…they are a lot easier than the walnut rolls, and I mean a lot.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am not sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use***
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 Recipe Flaxseed Meal Crepes
- 1½ C Small Chopped Walnuts (Pecans Work Just As Well)(Save A Little Nut Dust For Garnish)
- 2 t Cinnamon
- ¾ C Just Like Sugar Baking*** 18 Drops Liquid Sucralose*** Or Your Own Favorite Sweetener
- 12 Oz Softened Cream Cheese (Divided )
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- ¼ C Heavy Cream + More If Needed To Make A Thin Drizzle
- Add nuts and cinnamon to a small processor and chop until relatively small. (See Picture). You don’t want to grind it just a fine chop. If you overdo it, don’t worry and the final product would probably look about the same. Reserve 2 T.
- Beat cream cheese, Just Like Sugar*** or 12 Drops Liquid Sucralose*** or your favorite sweetener, and vanilla.
- Mix in heavy cream and reserve ¼ C.
- Lay out crepes, smear with thin layer of the cream cheese mixture.
- Top with 2 T nut mixture and roll crepe.
- Add enough heavy cream (or water) to thin remaining ¼ C cream cheese mixture and drizzle onto crepes.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 T nuts.
- 12 Servings
- 330 Calories, 8.0g Protein, 37.4g Fat, 5.3g Carbs, 3.0g Fiber, 2.3g Net Carbs
- I got so excited to try these that I didn’t get enough heavy cream as a thinning agent in the drizzle so I just kind of frosted them but for you? It should be thin enough to drizzle so if you need more heavy cream by all means use it.
- Hope you can see the size of the nut grind. You don’t want nut dust just very small and I have a mini processor that has a chop speed which I pulse with until I get what I want.
- If you only have Just Like Sugar Brown*** it works quite well in place of the Baking*** but will color the cream cheese without much color delineation between the layers of the crepes.
- Nutritionals include crepes.