Low Carb Chocolate Mocha Mousse. You can whip up this easy Low Carb Chocolate Mocha Mousse in a snap. It tops off any meal for six and leftover? No problem as it keeps in the fridge for more than several days. (But it won’t). It only has six ingredients but flavor-wise it packs a pretty strong chocolaty coffee punch. As the name of the chocolate bar denotes…it’s Divine. There are recipes that use gelatin to “set” the mousse and it is something I cannot imagine doing. Yes, on occasion I do use gelatin for things like Panna Cotta but certainly not for this mousse.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 Divine 85% Chocolate Bar
- 4 Eggs (Divided)
- ⅓ C Hot Water
- 1½ t Instant Coffee
- 2 t Vanilla Extract (Divided)
- 1½ C Heavy Cream
- 12 Drops Liquid Sucralose (Or ½ C Sweetener Divided)
- Grate chocolate bar. You don’t want it chunky as your chocolate mixture won’t end up being smooth.
- Line up 3 bowls-2 medium and 1 large.
- Separate eggs making sure not to get any yolk in the whites. I do try to gently take the chalazae off the yolks as I don't want hard little cooked knots in my mousse.
- Put whites into 1 medium bowl and yolks into the large bowl, adding coffee, water, and add 6 drops sucralose or ½ of your sweetener.
- On medium low and whisking constantly, cook coffee yolk mixture until pretty hot. Don’t worry, the eggs shouldn’t scramble because of the water content but you need it hot enough to eventually melt the chocolate.
- When yolk mixture is warm enough, add 1 t vanilla, add grated chocolate all at once stirring to cover all chocolate, let it sit a minute or so and mix until all chocolate is melted. Allow mixture to mostly cool and it shouldn’t take too long.
- Meanwhile, back at the ranch, first beat egg whites to stiff peaks. Making sure chocolate is cooled, FOLD in egg whites ½ at a time until well incorporated.
- In second medium bowl, beat whipping cream. Add vanilla & last 6 drops of sucralose or the other ½ of your sweetener.
- Now FOLD in ⅔ of whipped cream into mixture, cover, and refrigerate.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining whipped cream.
- When ready for service place mousse into small bowl and put a good dollop of whipped cream on it.
- 6 Servings
- 373 Calories, 5.7g Protein, 33.7g Fat, 5.8g Carbs, 1.5g Fiber, 4.3g Net Carbs
- Make sure you beat and fold in egg whites first. After whipping, if not used immediately, they will get watery and begin to break down.
- I said it was low carb-not low calorie.
- I have tried more than several bars to make this mousse and the Divine bar seems to be the easiest to not only melt but give a great smooth mouth-feel. If you have your own favorite 85% bar then by all means use it.