Low Carb Chicken Bog is a very regionalized dish of the South, specific to South Carolina but akin to Perlo and I’ll be danged if I can see any difference. It calls for rice which I don’t eat but it doesn’t mean I can’t have its essence and jazz it up a little. Gads, this is really good and you can almost feed an army with it.
It also does not take the time traditional chicken bog does because there is no cooking of any rice. It takes more time to cut & chop the vegetables as it does to actually cook it.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 Lb. Poached & Pulled Chicken
- 12-16 Oz Smoked Sausage (Your Favorite)
- ½ Lb Sauteed Mushrooms
- 8 C Cauliflower Rice (About 1 Medium-Large Core Included)
- ¼ C Fat Divided (I Used Lard)
- 1 C Onion
- ½ C Finely Diced Carrot (For Color Only)
- ½ C Stalk Celery
- ½ C Red Bell Pepper (Optional For Color)
- ¼ C Green Onions (For Color)
- 1 T Garlic
- ½ t Thyme (Optional)
- ½ t Liquid Smoke
- ¼ t Crushed Red Pepper (Optional-But Do Use If Meat is Kielbasa)
- 2 C Heavy Cream
- ½ C Water
- 1-1½ T Chicken Base Or To Taste
- 6 T Parmesan Cheese (Optional & Nice To Serve To The Side)
- Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper To Taste
- Poach & pull chicken.
- Sauté mushrooms in 2 T fat.
- Chunk chop sausage, barely brown in 1 T fat and add to pulled chicken. Add rest of fat and sauté onions, carrots, red pepper, & celery until soft. Add garlic, thyme, (crushed red pepper if using) and cook another minute or two. Add liquid smoke.
- Mix meats and cauliflower into veggies, add heavy cream & chicken base and reduce cream until desired thickness. If it gets too thick either thin with a little more water or...add more heavy cream.
- Taste and season accordingly. If you are using chicken base it should be enough salt.
- 6 Servings
- 725 Calories, 27.3g Protein, 59.7g Fat, 13.9g Carbs, 4.9g Fiber, 9.0g Net Carbs
- 8 Servings
- 544 Calories, 20.5g Protein, 44.8 g Fat, 10.4g Carbs, 3.7g Fiber, 6.7g Net Carbs
- If you have a special herb or spice you like-add it.