Low Carb Bacon Wrapped Mean Dogs? Many times it’s fun to come up with a tricky name. Probably not so smart as you don’t want to confuse people but in this case it seems appropriate. I doubt anyone will mistake a bacon wrapped anything without thinking of food. Diddling around in the kitchen is fun (at least for me). You will need both the Pico de Gallo and Chipotle Mayonnaise recipes for final assembly but this are so easy and quick to make and I thought the name Mean Dogs was perfect as they are a bit spicy and can be adjusted to make them even more so. I showed a picture with two dogs because…I ate them both and…it was all I had for dinner…except a small bowl of raspberries.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 4 Beef Hot Dogs (I Use Hebrew National)
- 4 Slices Thick Bacon
- 1 Recipe Pico de Gallo
- 1 Recipe Chipotle Mayo
- Wrap hot dogs with bacon, stretching if necessary to cover, and secure with toothpicks.
- Pan fry or grill.
- Put on plate, spoon on Pico de Gallo, spoon chipotle mayo over all and enjoy.
- 4 Servings
- 365 Calories, 32.7g Fat, 10.0g Protein, 8.0g Carbs, .8g Fiber, 7.2g Net Carbs
- 2 Servings
- 730 Calories, 64.4g Fat, 20.0g Protein, 16.0g Carbs, 1.6g Fiber, 14.2g Net Carbs
- Nutritionals are for total dish and include mayo & pico.
- You will probably only use about ½ the pico de gallo.
- That little blob of green stuff at the back of the plate? It’s sugar-free bread & butter pickles.