Keto Orange Sauce. Whew an orange sauce with no orange juice? Yes, here it is, and if you weren’t told, you’d never know. It is orangeyness at its best…with NO ORANGE JUICE. I do use a good quality extract diluted with alcohol and not a seed oil. The alcohol will gas off and the seed oil?-You will end up eating it as it will not.
There are so many ways to use this keto orange sauce. With Crepes Suzette, on Pulled Pork, chicken, scallops, most any fish, and my personal favorite, duck breast, which I have shown above. I happen to have access to a farm that raises and sells their ducks to a market in the area where I live so I am lucky in that respect, but you can always find whole duck in any Asian market, spatchcock it and use this keto orange sauce with it. Peking Duck has always been a special meal for me and with the advent of my Low Carb Hoisin Sauce I can pretty much have it any time I want to-and I do.
I don’t-but if you eat ice cream, this would probably make a pretty tasty topping and since it has butter in it, I think it would crackle before you got it served? I know the last pic looks a little like ice cream but…it’s grated daikon radish and the pic to the left is with blistered shishito peppers. On raspberries? Don’t even ask. Keto orange sauce is probably pretty tasty on a brick.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are keto-low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1½ T Orange Extract
- ¼ C Water
- ¼ C White Wine
- 2 T Brandy
- 2 T Grand Marnier
- 2 T Orange Zest (About 1 Medium Orange)
- 1 T Apple Cider Vinegar
- 8 Drops Liquid Sucralose***
- 4 T Butter
- Smidgeon Xanthan Gum
- Mix first 8 ingredients in a small sauce pan and bring to simmer. Turn off heat, beat in xanthan gum, and add butter 1 T at a time until smooth and creamy.
- It’s that easy and ready to serve.
- 8 Servings
- 56 Calories, 0.1g Protein, 5.8g Fat, 0.9g Carbs, 0.0g Fiber, 0.9g Net Carbs
- No problem with refrigeration, as it really will not get hard and will last more than a week or two but who are we kidding. It simply won’t last as you will want to have it again and…again…and…again.
- If you do get it into a refrigerator, just let in sit on the counter for an hour or two and stir to get that beautiful sauce ready to use again. Any butter bits will melt immediately upon hitting any warm food.