Keto Italian Parmesan Tomatoes. I have to say that it seems a bit silly for me to post this recipe and then again, sometimes we just need a little reminder of things long past. Keto Italian Parmesan tomatoes are delicious, ridiculously easy, were all the rage served in some high-end restaurants in the 60’s and 70’s and then fell out of favor (and for good reason) as chef’s began to present newer and much spiffier vegetable side dishes. This really has actually been considered more of a plate garnish but I have always considered them as a side dish. You may wish to use my sugarfree Italian Herb Mix which is many times less expensive or, if you have a favorite, then go for it and I have listed them below. Yes, you can use tiny little tomatoes too. As “they” say, and whoever “they” are; size does not matter.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are keto-low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 4 Roma Tomatoes
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 2 T Parmesan Cheese
- 1 T Dried Basil
- 1 T Garlic Powder
- 1 T Dried Thyme
- 1 T Dried Oregano
- 1 T Dried Rosemary
- 1 T Dried Marjoram
- 1½ t Black Pepper
- 1½ t Salt
- ½ t Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Mix 1 t Italian herbs with 2 T Parmesan cheese. (Jar the rest of the herbs for later use).
- Cut tomatoes in half, drizzle olive oil over them and gently toss to coat.
- Lay tomato halves cut side up on foil lined sheet pan.
- Sprinkle Parmesan herb mix over all.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked.
- 4 Servings
- 91 Calories, 2.3g Protein, 8.3g Fat, 3.5g Carbs, 1.1g Fiber, 2.4g Net Carbs