Keto Cinnamon Flan. I had a really hard time naming this concoction but finally came up with the word “Flan” because it has a sugar-free syrup served with it which is a little reminiscent of a real flan. Doesn’t really matter what you call it, it is delicious. I can already think of a couple variations and one might be with raspberries and a couple of drops of almond extract as the two flavors go so well together. Very, very easy to make. Keto cinnamon flan be eaten as breakfast or dinner, which I did with a sausage patty and small salad or just as a fabulous keto low carb dessert. Anyway you cut it, it’s good, it’s easy and…your kids will love it.
I have started using Ceylon “True” Cinnamon and what a difference it makes. I will be using the rest of the small bag and have purchased a one lb. bag which should last well beyond me and I am thinking of sharing it with someone I already have in mind. Ceylon Cinnamon is kind of a taste altering experience if you have never had it, and I personally would never go back. It is available on Amazon (not my favorite place to shop) as well as other places. There is no mistaking it for regular cinnamon as it is MUCH lighter in color with a more subtle flavor. Recipes I have already used it in are the Carbalose Cinnamon Walnut Rolls but hey, I just got the stuff so give me a little time.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are keto-low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 6 Oz Cream Cheese ROOM Temperature
- 6 T Barely Melted Butter + 2 t Smeared In Bottom Of Baking Dish
- 6 Eggs ROOM Temperature
- ¼ C Just Like Sugar Brown (Paleo)
- ¼ t Cinnamon
- 12 Medium Strawberries Cut Into At Least 8-12 Pieces Each
- 2 T Sugar-Free Syrup Per Person
- Beat room temperature cream cheese, cinnamon and Just Like Sugar.
- Slowly add melted butter and mix until smooth, scraping as necessary.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs then slowly add to cream cheese, scraping bowl several times, and making sure there are NO lumps.
- Begin heating oven to 375°.
- Grease 8”x8” glass baking dish with 2 t butter and put into oven. You want the butter just beginning to brown and the dish hot. Watch it closely or it will blacken and burn.
- Pour into heated 8”x8” baking pan and bake for 22-24 minutes. It will not happen immediately but IF your batter was at room temperature it should puff up like a balloon like Yorkshire Pudding only---it might not collapse.
- Your finished product should have the color and texture of a firm flan.
- 8 Servings
- 182 Calories, 5.7g Protein, 16.0g Fat, 2.0g Carbs, 0.3g Fiber, 1.7g Net Carbs
- Nutritionals include all ingredients listed.
- I'll update if it freezes well if, I can get some in the freezer.
- Just Like Sugar tabletop would be fine instead of the Brown. Just a slightly different flavor and it will not turn your flan that soft brown color.