Keto Blue Cheese Garlic Butter. You know, we may never have realized it but if you have ever ordered steak in a restaurant chances are you have been served a compound butter a time or two. Often enough it may arrive as a little puddle of something on top of your steak but boy oh boy, it sure was good. Compound butters are small but powerfully flavored allies in the meat world. Can you use a keto blue cheese garlic butter with vegetables? Yes, of course you can but it just isn’t done that often because as garlic cooks it also mellows to milder, you probably would not want blue cheese in it and as a compounded butter you get the bite and flavor of GARLIC which, with a steak or meat of some kind is sometimes just what you want. Coupled with an off the outside grilled steak? Ooh La La La La La La.
One of the really nice things about a compounded butter is how wonderfully they freeze for use at another time and when you don’t have the time to throw a sauce together. Just take your log out of the freezer, let it sit for 15 minutes, slice what you need and pop it back into the freezer for next time.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 8 T Butter (1 Stick)
- ¼ C Finely Chopped Green Onion Tops
- 2 Oz Good Meltable Blue Cheese
- 2 T Garlic Paste***
- ¾ t Salt
- ½ t Pepper
- Bring butter to room temperature.
- Mince green onion, and by the time you are finished it will probably be about 1 T.
- Add garlic paste, onions, salt & pepper to butter and mix thoroughly.
- Lay down a piece of film and put a log shaped blob of butter a bit longer than your original stick of butter.
- Now gently roll the log as tightly as possible and when finished twist the ends which should give you some semblance of a “log”. Roll again gently to make it round.
- Put onto flat surface and refrigerate until hard.
- Slice off about 1 teaspoon rounds and serve 2-3 rounds per steak.
- 12 Servings
- 94 Calories, 0.9g Protein, 9.9g Fat, 0.7g Carbs, 0.1g Fiber, 0.6g Net Carbs
- Freeze any left-over log.
- The minuscule carbs are mostly in the garlic paste.