Low Carb Simple Greek Salad. For those of you who might love a Simple Greek Salad this one is as simple and easy as it gets. The secret: Shallots instead of purple onions. It is said that the taste of shallots is a subtle combination of garlic and onion and people ask then why not just combine the two. My answer is: because the combination of garlic and onion DO NOT taste like a shallot and not by a long shot. Shallots have their own delicate taste.
I pretty much always have the ingredients for this salad so for me it’s no sweat. Notice the HUGE 1 gallon jug of Kalamata olives. No I don’t go through it in a week or two but I do probably buy 3-4 of them a year and the Puttanesca Sauce is another great recipe that uses them. Now if you like a little more complex salad then you might like to try the Greek Salad With A Creamy Feta Dressing. My personal preference is pretty much a peeled & seeded cucumber and this is up to you. It has to do with the toughness of the skin which can some times accompany them and…I just don’t like it.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- ½ C Olive Oil
- ¼ C Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 T Lemon Juice
- 2 t Crushed Garlic
- ½ t Dried Mint
- ½ t Dried Oregano
- ¼ t Dried Dill
- ¼ t Salt
- ¼ t Pepper
- 1 Drop Liquid Sucralose Or Not (To Offset The Acid In The Vinegar & Tomatoes)
- 2 Thinly Sliced Shallots
- 2 C Quartered Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 C Halved Kalamata Olives
- 1 Chopped Peeled & Seeded Cucumber
- 2 Very Thinly Sliced Shallots
- 6 Oz Feta Cheese
- Put all salad ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Put all dressing ingredients in a smaller bowl, whisking briskly.
- Drizzle dressing into salad blending well.
- 6 Servings
- 301 Calories, 4.6g Protein, 128.8g Fat, 7.8g Carbs, 1.3g Fiber, 6.5g Net Carbs
- Completed salad can be made and refrigerated for more than several days.
- Best served in a small bowl as you can then contain a bit of the dressing & juices with each bite.
- Adding a soft lettuce like bibb or butterhead will extend the number of people you can serve with this but my advice is to eat it as stated because the flavors are far more intense.