Low Carb Sautéed Bok Choy. This was actually my first Bok Choy recipe and I am just now getting it posted. It’s very easy assuming you have washed and dried your baby Bok Choy. Other than that, it’s very smooth, fast sailing. The first was a Bok Choy Cucumber Salad which is to die for if you are looking for a really different cold salad. Bok Choy is one of those veggies you can brag about to your friends because they have probably barely heard the name, let alone ever eaten or used it.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 4-6 Individual Baby Bok Choy (Depending On Size)
- 1 Head Garlic Peeled and Coarsely Chopped
- 2 T Olive Oil (Divided)
- ¼ C Tamari
- 1½ T Oyster Sauce
- 1 T Toasted Sesame Seeds (No, They Don't Need To Toasted)
- 4-6 Sautéed Shitake Mushrooms
- Trim ends leaving Bok Choy whole then wash thoroughly by swishing in cold water several times.
- Wrap in towel and put to dry thoroughly. Set aside.
- Rough chop garlic and sauté in 1 T hot oil stirring constantly until beginning to change color and getting crispy. (This is a very quick process). Remove from oil and set aside.
- Sauté mushrooms and set aside.
- Mix tamari and oyster sauce.
- Sauté Bok Choy in 1 T hot olive oil until well browned, turn & repeat. (They might spit depending on how well you dried them).
- Plate Bok Choy, sprinkle with mushrooms, crispy garlic, sesame seeds, and drizzle with sauce.
- 6 Servings
- 112 Calories, 4.0 Protein, 8.3g Fat, 7.7g Carbs, 1.8g Fiber, 5.9g Net Carbs
- This can also be served family style on a platter to let people serve themselves because it is such a lovely looking dish.