I was on the internet looking for some other sauce to go with all the rack of lamb I eat, other than my own Mint Sauce, and came across this Kokkari Dressing which sounded pretty good. I would never be without lamb in some form so I decided to try it as I found it. It was as good as it sounded. I also eat, from time to time, a ½ lb. ground lamb patty and it was fabulous on it too. I did tweak a couple things from the original Kokkari Dresssing recipe and you can (compare the two). Since the recipe seems a bit obscure I thought I would put it out there for you. Oops, I did change a couple things since I have never used, and didn’t even know what it was, and that’s the wild Greek oregano-I just used regular ole oregano. Added a bit of dried mint because…I think mint and lamb are a match made in heaven. Apparently, this dressing not only sets off lamb, but also beef, chicken and fish. I think I would call this a kind of a do everything sauce and I’m sure I will eventually try it on all the above mentioned and when I do I’ll try to put up pictures. There is certainly no doubt that a small side of Greek Tzatziki would be a great accompaniment.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 6 T Olive Oil
- 2 T Lemon Juice
- 1 T Minced Capers
- 1 T Minced Shallot
- 2 t Dried Crushed Mint
- 2 t Crushed Garlic
- 1 t Parsley (I would Call This Optional)
- 1 t Dried Crushed Oregano (+More To Taste Cause More is Mostly Always Better)
- ½ t Salt
- ¼ t Pepper
- Whisk all ingredients together and serve over lamb, chicken or fish.
- 4 Servings
- 65 Calories, 0.1g Protein, 6.8g Fat, 1.7g Carbs, 0.0g Fiber, 1.7g Net Carbs
- I would urge you to leave this on the counter for more than several hours, letting all the flavors marry & mellow.
- Add a little red wine vinegar and you'll have a really good salad dressing.