Keto Zaatar Yogurt Dip …with Mint. I eat this certainly more than from time to time and it is a knockout for breakfast, so sorry, I have never put it up as a recipe. I will use any excuse to use za’atar and this simple Keto Zaatar Yogurt Dip is one of mine (excuses). I call this a yogurt dip but you will seriously either need to get a very thick yogurt or simple make your own.
I do not advocate any of the commercial yogurts because they have thickeners and stabilizers in them. I do make my own Strained Keto Yogurt but as I have gotten older I have begun mostly using Karoun Kefir Cheese Labne. I can only tell you how fabulous it is …you will actually need to buy it to try it. I guarantee you will never go back no matter how you eat yogurt. Does it have things in it that my yogurt doesn’t have? Yes, maybe one or two, but the bottom line is that it has a very high fat content with a much lower carb count. The Aleppo pepper in the ingredients list is something I use a lot and is not listed in the recipe card. If you have it, please use it. The picture of the White Mountain Bulgarian Yogurt is an exception and if you want the absolute best yogurt you have ever tasted this is it. Comes in a glass jar, is made with whole milk, with no fillers or thickeners of any kind and the only other ingredients are (4) four live cultures. I don’t think it is suitable for this recipe because it is not strained and would be too liquidy with the added lemon juice in this particular zaatar yogurt dip but I do make Doogh with it.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 C Good Quality Thick Yogurt
- 1 T Za’atar (Divided) + More To Taste
- ¼ t Garlic Paste
- ½ T Dried Mint
- 1 T Lemon Juice
- ½ t Salt
- ¼ t Pepper (If Not Using Aleppo Pepper)
- 2-3 T Olive Oil To Drizzle
- Mix yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, and ½ T za’atar until smooth.
- Smear on plate, sprinkle with salt, mint, rest of za’atar, and Aleppo pepper (If using).
- Drizzle on olive oil.
- Serve with cucumber coins, Kalamata olives, or any other low carb vegetables.
- 4 Servings
- 193 Calories, 2.1g Protein, 20.0g Fat, 2.7g Carbs, 0.2g Fiber, 2.5g Net Carbs
- Best refrigerated for several hours before service.
- Perfect as side sauce with rack of lamb or chicken.