Low Carb Stir Fried Mung Bean Sprouts. I have recently posted several recipes that include mung bean sprouts but what to do with the leftovers. Most people let them sit in the refrigerator until they get soggy, slimy and are unusable. If this has happened to you, you are not alone. I have several recipe suggestions which may actually have you buying sprouts just to make them. Mung Bean Sprouts Salad and Vietnamese Shrimp Bowl.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 Lb Fresh Mung Bean Sprouts
- ½ Large Red Onion Thinly Sliced
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 2 T Crushed Garlic
- 2 T Tamari Sauce
- 1 T Oyster Sauce
- 2 T Green Onion Tops
- Rinse and simmer bean sprouts in salted water about 5 minutes or until they just begin to turn translucent. Drain well.
- Heat oil to medium high, add onions and cook until translucent and the edges begin to brown.
- Mix garlic, tamari, and oyster sauce.
- Add sprouts to onions stir and cook until they are just warmed through.
- Pour in tamari and oyster sauce and stir to mix.
- Garnish with green onions & serve immediately.
- 6 Servings
- 69 Calories, 2.6g Protein, 4.9g Fat, 5.8g Carbs, 1.1g Fiber, 4.7g Net Carbs