Low Carb Hamburger My Way. And you thought you couldn’t have a low carb hamburger anymore? Well think again-you certainly can! I use a smoked cheddar cheese. Dorset Red and comes from Ford Farms in Dorset, England. This is the real deal and by far the best smoked cheddar I have ever eaten. Lettuce too much, skip it and add pork skins as a side. If you really think you need a bun you can make them from Carbalose Flour Bread
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- ¼ Lb Hamburger 20% Fat
- 2 Oz Cheddar Cheese Good Quality Smoked
- 2 Bacon Sliced and Cooked
- 1½ C Chopped Romaine Lettuce
- ¼ C Tomato Diced
- ¼ C Purple Onion Diced
- 2 T Mayonnaise
- Lawry’s Salt
- Form an oval patty and sprinkle both sides with Lawry’s salt.
- Cook to desired temperate.
- When burger is almost finished top with bacon, then cheese and cover to melt.
- While burger is cooking cut lettuce, tomato, and onion. Add mayo and mix.
- Plate hamburger with your toppings to the side.
- Voila! A bunless hamburger with everything you usually put ON a hamburger.
- 1 Serving
- 821 Calories, 48.3g Protein, 6.1g Carbs, 2.2g Fiber, 3.9g Net Carbs
- I cut a piece of burger and eat it with a bite of “toppings”.
- This can of course be served with your favorite dill pickles.
- You can also mix a little mustard, low carb ketchup or both into your toppings.