Keto Loaded Red Radishes. Not long ago I did a recipe for Smashed Red Radishes and that recipe led to this one. I’ll not bore you with how I got to them but you can read all about it on the other recipe. Of course this is a take on what might be hashed brown potatoes with nearly none of the carbs and with a couple of eggs on top, and with some bacon or sausage, this makes a terrific power-punched breakfast or in my case, dinner. After these keto loaded red radishes I will be done with red radish recipes, at least for awhile, and I am hoping you can see by now that they make a great, versatile potato substitute.
The only thing I can think of that they are no so good for is mashing. They look like some kind of pink applesauce with salt, pepper, and butter. Tasted great but it’s kind of hard to get past the look and your kids; would probable think they were pretty nifty.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1½ Lbs Red Radishes Or About 3 Bunches
- 1 Small Slivered Onion
- ½ Lb Mushrooms
- Bacon Fat (Divided)
- 4 Oz. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Strips Baccon Cooked And Crumbled
- ¼ C Sour Cream
- ¼ C Green Onion Tops
- Salt & Pepper
- Cook and crumble bacon and save fat. Set aside.
- Cut Green onions.
- Sliver onions and sauté in 1 T of bacon fat. Set aside.
- Slice and sauté mushrooms in 2 T fat. Add to onions.
- Cut radishes into quarters , bring to simmer, cover for about 8-10 minutes or until just fork tender.
- Drain until radishes are dry and the residual heat should do this in about 10-12 minutes.
- Heat remaining fat to hot, add radishes, and fry until radishes are beginning to brown.
- Add mushrooms & onions mixture to heat.
- Salt & pepper.
- Top with cheese, sour cream, and sprinkle the green onions on top.
- 4 Servings
- 208 Calories, 3.8g Protein, 17.4g Fat, 8.9g Carbs, 3.8g Fiber, 5.1g Net Carbs