All Things Carbalose Flour. When I started posting recipes I thought I would just put the recipe for Carbalose Flour Bread up and then realized I use the flour and bread for so many things that I would just make the whole category All Things Carbalose and that use Carbalose Flour in one way or another. I hadn’t realized there were so many until I started posting recipes. The flour may be purchased at Netrition.com There are 14 cups per 3 lb. bag so order accordingly. All recipes listed below.
I have found Carbalose to be a godsend for low carbers and diabetics like myself. The problems with the flour as I see them are: 1.) that there have not been many recipes for it and you cannot get them from Tova Industries, 2.) for many people including myself, it tastes very bitter, (this bitterness is corrected for in the bread-hence for all its uses) and lastly 3.) it is relatively expensive. There are tons of recipes for CarbQuik but not for the flour itself and because of its cost, a legitimate low carb bakery would have a tough time selling bread for around 10.00 a loaf. I know Heath Squier and the Julian Bakery used to get almost that much for a tiny loaf of high carb bread but those days are thankfully long gone.
So, the recipes listed below are still in the various and appropriate sections of all the low carb recipes but for convenience sake they are all listed here too. All nutritionals are listed below the bread recipe as well as with all respective recipes.
I do not use Carbquik so please do not confuse the two products.
Once you start making at least the bread for sandwiches or french toast, you will probably keep it on hand for crumbs & cubes because as you have these in your freezer it is so easy to make some of the recipes on this site and you will probably easily come up with recipes of your own.
Of the many reasons people come to my site via Google search 1.) is for Julian Bakery and 2.) is for Carbalose Flour Bread and I have to say, with some pretty comical search terms.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am not compensated in any way for recommending a product that I use.
You may see pictures with links on my Diabetic Chef’s Recipes Pinterest Page Here.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- Carbalose Flour Scones
- Carbalose Kimchi Fritters
- Carbalose Duck Fat Shortbread Cookies
- Carbalose Ham And Cheese Pinwheels
- Carbalose Pecan Walnut Coffee Cake
- Ginger Cheesecake Tart
- Giant Ginger Cookies
- Tomato Basil Bruschetta
- Carbalose Soft Pretzels
- Carbalose Italian Parmesan Garlic Knots
- Carbalose Butter Cream Biscuits
- Carbalose Bread 4″x8″x2½’ Small Standard Size Loaf Pan
- Carbalose Flour Bread 4½” x 8½” x 3″ Glass Loaf Pan Not as easily found anymore.
- Biscuits/Eggs & Sausage Gravy
- Banh Mi Sandwich
- Vegetable Pig In A Poke
- Carbalose English Muffins
- Basic Pizza Crust
- Carbalose Flour Focaccia
- Carbalose Flour Tortillas
- Stuffed Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast
- Carbalose Flour Almond Raspberry Braid
- Carbalose Flour Cinnamon Walnut Rolls
- Stuffed Shrimp
- Carbalose Cherry Almond Bread Pudding
- Carbalose Bread Pudding/Vanilla Cream Drizzle
- Meatloaf Extraordinaire
- Creamed Spinach
- Carbalose Flour Bread Stuffing
- Au Gratin Casserole Topping
- Bread Crumb Croutons
- Vegetable Mélange Encased In Pastry
- Spaetzle Pasta/Noodles
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Chicken & Shrimp Thai Pizza
- Macaroni Salad
- Naan Flat Bread
- Creamy Chicken & Dumplings
- Cubano Sandwich
- Vegetable Calzones