Low Carb Zippy Clam Dip. I don’t know about you but if I am going to have clam dip I sure as heck want it Zippy Clam Dip and to have it taste strongly like clams. This recipe is both. If you are making it for company then it might be a good idea to serve some kind of crackers along with your crudités and these Sour Cream & Chive Crackers will fill the bill very well but for me pork rinds have become my go-to dip partner. If you seriously want to go nuts then serve it with cold shelled shrimp for that “seafood overload” feeling and it is seriously good. I’ve shown a picture of the left over clam juice because it is so good to drink and you get a LOT of juice.
Now I’ve seen recipes that include chopped bell red peppers but since you may be using pepper chips I would skip them in the dip and Lord knows I love, love, love bacon and I have also seen and tasted it in clam dip, but as I said I want to be able to actually taste clams and this recipe allows it. This is best left in the refrigerator over night (yeah, right) but it will be better if ya do. Taste & add salt only if necessary as depending on the reserved juice used, it can be salty on its own.
Crudités vegetables can include about anything you want. I would not use broccoli or cauliflower with this as they can be a little overpowering but otherwise about anything else you like will work. I like thinly sliced carrot and cucumber coins, celery sticks, sliced radishes, snap peas, fennel leaves, endive leaves, cherry tomato halves, mushrooms, jicama sticks, pepper chips and even asparagus spears. If and when you have any leftovers you can just include them in a salad and to fancy things up a little put your dip in a hollowed out cabbage or yellow or orange pepper. Unless you are trying to impress people or feeding an army you won’t, in 1,000 years use all the listed vegetables so just choose your favorites and have fun.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 8 Oz Softened Cream Cheese
- 2 T Sour Cream
- 3 Cans Drained Chopped Clams (Reserve Liquor)
- 2 T Lemon Juice
- 1½ t Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 t Horseradish Cream Or
- ½ t Crushed Garlic Or Both
- ¼ t Chipotle Pepper
- Cream the 2 creams, add rest of ingredients and mix well. Add clam liquor 1 T at a time until desired consistency. Start with 1 T and add from there.
- 6 Servings
- 108 Calories, 6.2g Protein, 2.4g Carbs, 0g Fiber 2.4g Net Carbs
- You are going to have clam juice leftover and good grief don't throw it down the drain. I put it in a glass and throw it down my throat. It is super good.
- Now, if you want it more zippy than it is please, add more or less of the spices YOU like. As you can see I not only used chipotle pepper in the dip, I also added it to the top.