Low Carb Warm Daikon Radish German Potato Salad. One of the things that happens for me, when I am doing a new recipe with any particular ingredient is; my mind goes nuts as I think of the other things I can also do with that same ingredient which is the case for this recipe. When I finished the Daikon Radish Dill Pickle Egg Potato Salad I realized I could do a lot more with daikon radishes. When cubed, it looks like potato and when cooked and with other things added it tastes pretty much like a potato so why not try a Warm Daikon Radish German Potato Salad with it. Guess what, low and behold it tastes just like you’d think it should. And now I will probably come up with even more uses for this very under-appreciated vegetable. They can be pickled, used in stews, grated for use in a salad, and sliced into disks as a low carb dipping veggie. As you can see in one of the pictures it is the perfect accompaniment to a good Weisswurst sausage with a spicy mustard.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 Lb Wedged Daikon Radish Wedges (About 3-3½ Cups)
- ½ Lb Bacon Diced & Sautéed (Save All The Grease & You May Need More)
- 1 C Peeled & Seeded Cucumber (⅔ to 1 Cucumber Depending On Size)
- ¾ C Dilled Pickle Wedges (No Garlic)
- ½ C Minced Purple Onion
- ½ C Green Onion Tops
- 6 T Bacon Grease (This Is Why You Never Throw Away Bacon Grease)
- 2½ T Cider Vinegar
- 1½ T Water
- 1½ t Dijon Mustard
- 2 Drops Liquid Sucralose (Or 2 T Just Like Sugar To Keep It Paleo)
- ½ t Salt
- ½ t Pepper
- Gently boil daikon radish for about 30 minutes.
- While radish is cooking prep all veggies and put into a large mixing bowl
- In a small bowl combine and mix last 6 listed ingredients (The Dressing).
- Drain radish, and add to veggies.
- Dress and mix all and let sit at room temperature until ready to serve.
- 6 Servings
- 232 Calories, 4.6g Protein, 22.0g Fat, 4.4g Carbs, 1.6g Fiber, 2.8g Net Carbs
- 8 Servings
- 174 Calories, 3.4g Protein, 16.4g Fat, 3.3g Carbs, 1.2g Fiber, 2.1g Net Carbs
- All I can say is this is really tasty.
- If you opt to use Just Like Sugar be sure to dissolve it in the water and vinegar first.