Low Carb Vietnamese Shrimp Salad With Fish Sauce Dressing. So many subtle differences between the foods of the Thai, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, South, East, and confusing it all there are Southeastern Asians yet they also have so many things in common and one of those things is major flavor. Some are predominantly salty, some are fiery, some are sweet, and many are a combination of all three. This Vietnamese Shrimp Salad With Fish Sauce Dressing is a bit of all three. There is a lot more to the geography of Asia and it can be pretty complicated so, if you want more geographical information check the internet and you can start here and if you are interested in a 13 bottle comparison of fish sauces you can see this very interesting read here. As you can see from the larger bowls I eat this as dinner on hot summer evenings.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- ¼ C Fresh Lime Juice
- ¼ C Fish Sauce
- ¼ C Cilantro
- 2 T Just Like Sugar Brown
- 2 T Finely Diced Purple Onion Or (I Used Shallots)
- 1 T Sugar-free Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 t Tamari
- ¼ t Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 t Crushed Garlic
- ½ t Ginger Powder
- 1 Lb Shrimp (And The Small Salad Shrimp Are Just Fine Too)
- 4 C Chopped Bok Choy
- ½ C Chopped Cilantro
- ½ C Diagonally Slices Snow Peas
- ½ C Julienned Jicama
- ½ C Green Onions
- ½ C Julienned Cucumber
- ½ C Julienned Red Peppers
- ¼ C Crushed Peanuts (Garnish)
- ½ t Mint (Optional Garnish)
- Mix all fish sauce dressing ingredients.
- Cut, chop, and julienne all salad ingredients, toss with dressing and plate.
- Top with shrimp and garnish with crushed peanuts & mint if using.
- 4 Servings
- 206 Calories, 28.9g Protein, 5.6g Fat, 9.8g Carbs, 3.6g Fiber, 6.2g Net Carbs
- Nutritionals include all ingredients listed yes, the dressing too.
- Minus the shrimp, peanuts, and mint I eat the guts of this salad probably 3-4 times a week just with different dressings.