Low Carb Vietnamese Fish Dipping Sauce. Sometimes I like to make a sauce that is multi-functional and this sauce is one of those times. I first used it as a salad dressing for Vietnamese Shrimp Salad and then realized it was also good to dip other foods into. It is not thick so it will just give a nice coating on whatever you dip into it. Don’t be surprised when the flavor knocks you off your feet because as with all things fish saucy, this does it too. Because I first did it as a salad dressing with shrimp, shrimp is the first thing that came to my dippy mind and of course any kind of vegetable or other meats would work as well. This is very, very easy to put together. Pictured are a plain salad and the salad as a dinner I had last night…with shrimp. I haven’t done it yet but I’m thinking over a piece of good fish would be dandy too.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- ¼ C Fresh Lime Juice
- ¼ C Fish Sauce
- ¼ C Cilantro
- 2 T Just Like Sugar Brown
- 2 T Finely Diced Purple Onion Or (I Used Shallots)
- 1 T Sugar-free Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 t Tamari
- ¼ t Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 t Crushed Garlic
- ½ t Ginger Powder
- Mix all ingredients and it's ready to use.
- 6 Servings
- 9 Calories, 0.8g Protein, 0.0g Fat, 1.7g Carbs, 0.2g Fiber, 1.5g Net Carbs
- Yup, it's that easy.
- Nice with 41-50 sized shrimp.
- I have given this as 6 servings with ¾ C as the total-That would be if nobody gets out and uses a spoon.
- Mint is always a nice addition sprinkled on a salad.