Low Carb Thousand Island Dressing. I should have posted this low carb 1,000 island dressing recipe a long time ago but you know how it is and better late than never. I kind of messed up a little getting ahead of myself with pictures and kinda forgot to take a picture of the finished dressing and that’s why you see that puny little dish with only about ¼ cup in it. Oops.
Anyway, back at the ranch (on one of those 1,000 islands), this recipe has been around forever. Some will mix in a hard-boiled egg but I like the way a salad or most other things look with grated egg on top so that’s the way I do mine. If you are going to top something like the Open-Faced Rueben then better to add your hard-boiled egg into the dressing or better yet, put the egg in the dressing and then more grated egg on top.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am not compensated in any way for recommending a product that I use***
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- ½ C Mayonnaise
- 3 T Sugar Free Ketchup***
- 3 T Horseradish Cream
- 3 T Sugar Free Sweet Pickle Relish***
- 3 T Minced Purple Onion (Or Shallots)
- 1 T Lemon Juice
- 1 t Distilled Or Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ t Crushed Garlic
- 1 Hard Boiled Egg
- Grate cooled hard boiled egg.
- Mix all ingredients and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 12 Servings
- 84 Calories, .5g Protein, 9.2g Fat, 0.9g Carbs, 0.0g Fiber, 0.9g Net Carbs