Low Carb Sweet And Spicy Asian Chicken Wings are the second wings recipe on the site and they are so good I had to share them. I don’t design paleo dishes but sometimes they just turn out that way. Since moving to Portland, OR I had come to love Asian food of just about any kind but then that diabetes stuff just stepped in and stopped me until I found better ways to fix them. Unfortunately, most Asian foods are laden with sugar…but not these.
You could make these as boneless wings with cut up thigh meat but I think part of the charm of wings is the slower eating with the bones in tack and anyway, too much of our meats come without bones. The sauce will not be thick since there is no sugar in it so serve it to the side and dip your wings. Use them as an appetizer and make a complete Asian dinner with a small Thai Salad/Sweet & Spicy Peanut Sauce & Crab Rangoon Bundles/Asian Drizzle
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
- 3 Lbs Chicken Wings At Room Temperature
- ¼ C Tamari Sauce
- ¼ C Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 T Lemon Juice
- 2 T Just Like Sugar Brown
- 2 T Green Onion Tops
- 1 t Crushed Garlic
- 1 t Dried Ginger
- ¼ t Crushed Red Pepper
- Cilantro For Garnish
- Green Onions For Garnish
- Except wings, mix all ingredients well.
- Put wings in large freezer bag, add liquids, shake well, marinate for several hours, and turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line ½ sheet pan with foil & put down the wings.
- Bake 45-60 minutes.
- Heat drippings and use for dipping.
- Garnish with cilantro & green onions.
- 4 Servings
- 454 Calories, 42.9g Protein, 29.7g Fat, 1.8g Carbs, .4g Fiber, 1.4g Net Carbs
- 6 Servings
- 302 Calories, 28.6g Protein, 19.8g Fat, 1.2g Carbs, .3g Fiber, .9g Net Carbs
- Depending on whether your wings come with their tips or not, you may get more that 4 servings, however with that said, I tend to pig out on these things. Yes, I do cut off the tips and I do split the wings into two pieces.
- 1 T of orange extract will give an additional depth of flavor.