Low Carb Stuffed Shrimp. I have had a lot of really good food in my life and this Stuffed Shrimp is in my top 5. I was unable to eat it for several years until I came up with the Carbalose Flour Bread recipe and now I can finally have it again-YeeHaw.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am not compensated in any way for recommending a product that I use***
All my other Carbalose Recipes are listed at the bottom of the Carbalose Informational Page.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 Lb. Very Large Shrimp (Hopefully 16 Per Pound)
- 3 C Carbalose Flour*** Breadcrumbs
- ¼ C Grated Onions (I put mine is a small processor which will get them very small)
- ½ C Sour Cream
- ¼ C Melted Butter
- ½ t Tarragon
- ¼ t Thyme
- ¼ t Pepper
- ¼ t Salt
- 2 T Melted Butter
- Carefully peel shrimp trying not to lose the tail meat.
- Put bread crumbs in a bowl.
- Mix next 8 ingredients together and then mix well into bread crumbs.
- Count your shrimp making sure you have that many little flattened stuffing balls. Use about a tablespoon for each which will sit atop your shrimp.
- Foil line a pan and smear last 2 T of butter. I like to sprinkle a little salt, pepper, and garlic salt on the butter but it is not necessary. The garlic salt just adds a little something extra-a lagniappe if you will.
- Take the shrimp and make a circle tucking the tail inside if possible.
- Top each shrimp with a round puck of stuffing.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes and finish by browning the stuffing under the broiler.
- Serve topped with Sauce Béarnaise.
- 4 Servings
- 445 Calories, 33.2g Protein, 17.8g Carbs, 8.3g Fiber, 9.5g Net Carbs