Low Carb Stuffed Jalapeño Peppers. You don’t always need some sweet drippy sauce to dip Stuffed Jalapeño Peppers in, but if you do want a sauce, dress these babies in thinned Blue Cheese Dressing, Cocktail Sauce, or Mississippi Comeback Sauce, or if you can’t help yourself Smoky Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce My Oh My.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 12 Jalapeño Peppers
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese
- 1½ C Finely Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Oz Roasted & Finely Chopped Red Pepper
- 4 Strips Finely Crumbled Cooked Bacon
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Cut peppers in half; remove seeds, & membranes.
- Boil water and drop in pepper halves for 6-7 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, blend in cheddar cheese, red pepper and bacon.
- Fill each pepper half & put on either Silpat or lightly buttered sheet pan lined with foil. (No muss, no fuss)
- Bake peppers 7-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
- 6 Servings
- 222 Calories, 10.4g Protein, 1.9g Carbs, 0g Fiber, 1.9g Net Carbs
- Beware: Use gloves when working with jalapeño peppers.