Low Carb Spinach Mushroom Bacon Crêpes. I am having so much fun doing this series of crêpe recipes, I can’t even tell you. Not only do I make them, I get to eat them- so, it’s a best of both worlds kind of scenario. The combination of ingredients in these particular crêpes is that of a good quiche so maybe, since real men don’t eat quiche-you can get them to eat these. You will need one recipe of 12 Flaxseed Meal Crêpes.
I have quite a few new crêpes recipes now and to see a few of them check these out too. Crab Rangoon Bundles With Asian Drizzle, Strawberry Orange Crêpes and there are now many more-some savory and some for dessert.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am not sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use***
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 Recipe Flaxseed Meal Crêpes
- 12 Oz Shredded Swiss Cheese (I Used Gruyere)
- 10-12 Oz Bacon
- 10-12 Oz Packaged Frozen Spinach
- ½ Medium Onion Minced
- ¾ Lb Sautéed Chopped Mushrooms -Reserve ½ C
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 t Porcini Mushroom Dust***
- Salt & Pepper
- Sauté and crumble the bacon, reserving the fat.
- Cook the onion in fat until trasluscent. Set aside.
- Finely chop the mushrooms and lightly sauté in bacon grease reserving ¼ C for gravy.
- Squeeze out some of the moisture from the spinach.
- Combine bacon, mushrooms, spinach, & onions mixing & heating. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- In separate pan heat heavy cream, porcini dust and reserved chopped mushrooms until just barely beginning to thicken. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Lay out crêpes and sprinkle with cheese.
- Put warm spinach mixture on cheese and roll.
- Spoon heavy cream mushroom sauce over all.
- 6 Servings 2 Each
- 545 Calories, 22.6g Protein, 45.4g Fat, 6.0g Carbs, 4.6g Fiber, 1.4g Net Carbs
- May also be dusted with a little parmesan cheese on top.