Low Carb Shrimp Taco Crêpes. All of the taste and zerocarb crêpes instead of who know how many from two 6″ flour tortillas-I think maybe about 18-20g and they taste for all the world just like a good shrimp taco should taste. Hoping that you are able to see from all the crêpes recipes I have recently posted that you can put a whole lot more than just ham and cheese in them. Those white sticks in the background on the plate are jicama sticks sprinkled with lime juice and chili powder and they are so, so good. You will need one recipe of Flaxseed Meal Crêpes and if you are so inclined to make your own here is a good recipe for Taco Seasoning which is so much less expensive than the purchased kind and which may have sugar in it.
Don’t make the mistake of using imitation seafood anything. It is NOT low carb. It is filled with starch as a binder and has 13g carbs in 3 measly oz. I made the mistake and paid for it in my BS testing after dinner and I couldn’t figure out why and/but…now I know.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 Recipe Flaxseed Meal Crêpes
- 1½ Lb Bay Shrimp
- 1 T Taco Seasoning
- 2 T Minced Jalapeno Peppers (I Use Pickled)
- 1 Medium Small Diced Tomato (Garnish)
- ½ C Red Onion (Garnish)
- ½ C Chopped Cilantro (Garnish)
- 1-2 Large Avocados
- 1 C Green Onions (Divided)
- 1 C Sour Cream (Divided)
- 2 Wedged Limes (12 Pieces)
- Blend ¼ C sour cream with shrimp, crab, taco seasoning and jalapeno peppers.
- Add ½ C green onions to avocado and using a stick blender, mix until smooth.
- Lay out crêpes and smear with avocado mix.
- Lay shrimp & crab mix on lower ⅓ of the each crêpe and roll.
- Garnish with red onion, tomato, cilantro, and remaining green onions.
- Put a dollop of sour cream and remaining avocado mix on top of each 2 crêpes.
- Garnish each plate with 2 small lime wedges.
- 6 Servings 2 Each
- 461 Calories, 10.1g Protein, 35.0g Fat, 13.7g Carbs, 9.0g Fiber, 4.7g Net Carbs
- I included two avocados in the nutritionals.