Low Carb Roasted Tomato Bisque. Not much food evokes the memories of childhood better than tomato soup and low carb roasted tomato bisque will do the trick. That little blob of white in the soup is Crème Fraîche because I had it and a dollop of sour cream does the trick too. One of the nice things about this low carb roasted tomato bisque is the way you can “soup” it up. It can be plain Jane or you can add herbs and spices for a variety of different flavors. Have it plain the first day and with basil or Italian Herbs with garlic the next. There are unlimited possibilities.
See that little hank of green stuff? I was in the produce department at my local grocery and my friend David was trimming the tops off the fennel into a a box so, I ask him if I could have a little of the gargage. He looked me straight in the eye and said “Deborah, call it what it really is and by its proper name. We call it compost.” So there it is, my soup is garnished with “compost”… and it was delicious.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 C Finely Chopped Onion
- 1 C Finely Chopped Carrot (About 1 Medium)
- 1 C Finely Chopped Celery (About 1 Large Rib)
- ¼ C Butter
- 4 C Water
- 1 T Chicken Base***
- Two Cans Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- ½ C Heavy Cream
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 8 T Olive Oil
- Parmesan Cheese (Optional As Garnish)
- Dollop Crème Fraiche Or Sour Cream (Optional As Garnish)
- Add butter to pot, melt, add all vegetables, and sweat for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add water & chicken base, cover and simmer until vegetables are soft.
- Add tomatoes and heat.
- With an immersion blender, whiz until smooth, add heavy cream and bring to temperature.
- Drizzle 1 T olive oil each cup soup and garnish as wanted.
- 8 Servings
- 263 Calories, 1.1g Protein, 25.8g Fat, 6.7g Carbs, 2.2g Fiber, 4.5g Net Carbs
- 6 Servings
- 350 Calories, 1.5g Protein, 34.4g Fat, 8.9g Carbs, 2.9g Fiber, 6.0g Net Carbs