Low Carb Roast Beef Spread. If your husband finds this Roast Beef Spread in the refrigerator he may grab a fork, stand there with the fridge door open, and eat it out of the bowl and…you will scream at him. This is good on Sour Cream & Chive Crackers or Hazelnut Parmesan Crackers and if you decide to use this spread in a sandwich you can put it on Naan Flat Bread (pictured) and top it with Pickled Red Onions or spread it on a Carbalose Flour Tortillas and oh yeah, plain, right out of the bowl with a fork. It’s OK if you do it…just not your husband. If you prefer to make a really hearty breakfast with your left-over Prime Rib you may wish to try the Roast Beef Hash. Low carb roast beef spread, it’s pretty hard to put your fork down.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 Pound Cooked Roast Beef
- ¼ C Chopped Onion
- ¼ C Chopped Celery
- ½ C Low Carb Bread & Butter Pickles***
- ½ C Mayonnaise (More If Necessary)
- 1-2 T Pickle Juice To Taste
- ½ t Onion Powder
- ½ t Salt
- ¼ t Pepper
- Put beef and onion, celery, and pickles in food processor, pulse until small & evenly chopped, and transfer to bowl. Add remaining ingredients, with enough mayonnaise and pickle juice to taste and moisten as desired. Serve as a spread on hazelnut crackers. Naan Flat Bread or as a spread for sandwiches on Carbalose flour bread.
- Toast the bread, or not, and spread with a little butter or mayonnaise. Spread a layer of the roast beef spread and finish with a few threads of pickled red onion & a couple of pickles.
- 6 Servings
- 287 Calories, 17.1g Protein, 28.7g Fat, 1.1g Carbs, .2g Fiber, 0.9g Net Carbs
- 8 Servings
- 215 Calories, 12.8g Protein, 21.5g Fat, 0.8g Carbs, .2g Fiber, 0.6g Net Carbs
- 10 Servings
- 172 Calories, 10.2g Protein, 17.2g Fat, 0.6g Carbs, .2g Fiber, 0.4g Net Carbs
- Another alternative serving suggestion: Put a couple of pieces of lettuce on a small plate and serve as a side salad.
- I had occasion to do a prime rib roast but if you slow-cook your own chuck roast and shred it this works wonderfully for this recipe, it’s much less expensive and you may not need to process it.
- My best guess is that you will get 8-10 servings from this unless you pile it on a very large sandwich.
- If you’ve not had Mt Olive sugar-free bread & butter pickles they are a quick, safe addiction.
- I gussied it up a bit with a few pickled red onions & a couple of pickles.