Keto Potato Soup. Betcha think this is going to be another one of those “cauliflower as potatoes” soups and you would be so wrong. Keto potato soup is made with daikon radish and for good reason. Daikon radish has almost no flavor of its own but will take the flavors and shapes of many other things, with potatoes at the head of the list. In the low carb and diabetic worlds most people seem to be looking for really good low carb substitutions for potatoes, rice, sugar, and wheat and the daikon radish is it for potatoes. Its benefits are many: It doesn’t change color when exposed to air, you can eat it raw in crudités, you can grate it for a salad and chunk it for potato salad etc. Here is Warm Diakon Radish German Potato Salad, Beef Rouladen, and here’s a Daikon Radish Dill Pickle Egg Potato Salad
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 6 C Daikon Radish Cut Into Small Bite Size Pieces
- 1 C Small Diced Onion
- 1 C Small Diced Celery
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1 T+1 t Chicken Base (This Is Your Salt)
- 2½ C Heavy Cream
- 3 C Water
- Pepper To Taste
- Sour Cream (Optional)
- Chives (Optional)
- Bacon Bits (Optional)
- Cheese (Optional)
- Drizzled Melted Butter (Optional)
- Peel, cut, and simmer daikon radish for about 30-40 minutes until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile in large soup pot, put diced celery & onion in olive oil and saute until just beginning to sizzle then add 1 C water, turn down heat and simmer until tender.
- Add remaining water, heavy cream, chicken base, and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve with any or all of the optional ingredients.
- Put the pepper grinder on the table and let people grind their own.
- 6 Servings
- 396 Calories, .4g Protein, 37.3g Fat 6.7g Carbs, 2.5g Fiber, 4.2g Net Carbs
- This soup can be served with any topping that goes with potatoes so if you have your own, please use it. I chose sour cream & chives.