Low Carb Peruvian Green Sauce. This sauce is ridiculously easy and fast to make-probably not more that 5-10 minutes but oh boy, the flavors. Real Peruvian Green Sauce may not have any cheese in it and if you don’t want it, don’t put it in. This is best served with fish or chicken but it also makes a fabulous salad dressing and for the dressing the Parmesan cheese is a must. As you look at the nutritionals it is basically a free keto food. ZeroCarb.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am not sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use***
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- ½ C Mayonnaise
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers (I Use 2 T Spicy Pickled Jalapenos)
- 1½ C Chopped Cilantro (Use Those Stems)
- ¼ C Chopped Basil
- 2-3T Parmesan Cheese (Optional)
- 1½ T Olive Oil
- 1½ T Lime Juice
- 1½ t Dried Mint
- 1 t Crushed Garlic
- ¼ t Salt+More To Taste (Especially If Not Using Parmesan Cheese)
- Put all ingredients except mayo into food processor, process several times scrapping each time until finely ground.
- Put into small mixing bowl, add mayo and blend well.
- Refrigerate for at least several hours.
- You of course may add more or less of any ingredient that YOU like.
- 8 Servings
- 130 Calories, 0.6g Protein, 15.0g Fat, 0.3g Carbs, 0.1g Fiber, 0.2g Net Carbs
- If you are so inclined, this makes a really good dip with low carb veggies and can easily take the place of ranch dressing to dip wings into. As you can see, it is a very versatile sauce so go ahead and try it every which way but loose.
- If you are making this as a salad dressing the Parmesan cheese is pretty essential.