Low Carb Pecan Maple Brandy Bars. I doubt you can truly get good perspective on the size (I did a 12 cut) of these Pecan Maple Brandy Bars but the taste? Holy Moly Batman, to die for. I am getting sick of ruining my dinners. Certainly one of the things we as bloggers need to do it taste a new recipe and for some reason, which probably has to do more with my prefrontal cortex, I am unable to wait until after my dinner to try a dessert. Come on, I am 71 years old and I’m still acting like a child but I do have to say that most times it’s worth it and this was one of the times. A touch of brandy, a touch of maple and ooh la la. They are enough to make you dance in the streets. Sheesh, I have 60 lowcarb, keto, and paleo dessert recipes on this site and I have had a lot of good high carby desserts in my time but, these low carb pecan maple brandy bars have gone to the top of my favorites list. Oozy, gooey, goodness.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use***
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 2¼ C Almond Flour
- ¾ C Ground Pecans
- ½ C Just Like Sugar Brown***
- ¾ C Melted Butter
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ C Just Like Sugar Brown***
- ½ C Melted Butter
- ¼ C SugarFree Maple Syrup***
- 2 T Heavy Cream
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- 2 T Brandy
- 1¼ C Chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Mix all ingredients and press well into an 8"x8” cake pan.
- Blind bake crust 12-15 minutes and then “tamp down” as it will puff up. Return to oven for about 5-10 additional minutes or until it starts to turn just ever so slightly brown. If it has puffed up again knock it back down.
- Leave oven on.
- Add eggs, Just Like Sugar Brown, syrup, melted butter, vanilla to medium bowl & beat until smooth.
- Add heavy cream & brandy, and mix thoroughly.
- Fold in nuts, pour into pan, and bake for 25-30 minutes. Bars will puff up and then fall when removed from the oven and should just giggle ever so slightly in the center.
- Put on rack and cool completely.
- For the very best results cover and refrigerate for at least 4-5 hours as the bars will get really chewy, thick and dense.
- 16 Servings
- 325 Calories, 5.5g Protein, 33.0g Fat, 5.3g Carbs, 2.9g Fiber, 2.4g Net Carbs
- 12 Servings
- 433 Calories, 7.3g Protein, 43.9g Fat, 7.0g Carbs, 3.9g Fiber, 3.1g Net Carbs
- Bars are as chewy and dense as the best brownie you have ever eaten.
- Absolutely no need to grease pan as the crust has so much butter in it. The bars will come out slicker than a whistle.