Low Carb Pastured Cow Patties. Otherwise known as meatballs. Cows make cowpies-it’s a fact. But no, not these cowpies and I am not going to show a real one because this is a recipe after all. These are so good, so inexpensive, and so easy to make-especially if you have done a little FUTURE COOKING Skip the sauce and you can use these with/on top of Traditional Spaghetti Squash/Sauce
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am not sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use***
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 Lb. Hamburger
- ½ C Ground Pork Rinds***
- ½ C Minced Onions
- 1 Egg
- 1 t Garlic Salt
- ½ t Pepper
- ¼ C Heavy Cream
- 1 T Butter
- 1 C Heavy Cream
- 1 t Porcini Dust***
- 3 oz. Finely Chopped & Sautéed Mushrooms
- Beef Base To Taste
- Break up hamburger.
- Mix egg & heavy cream and mix in rest of ingredients. Add to hamburger and mix well.
- Divide into 16 equal 1+oz. portions and form into patties. They should be about ½” thick and about 2” in diameter.
- Heat butter and cook patties about 2 minutes, turn and cook additional 2 minutes.
- Add heavy cream to pan and sprinkle porcini dust in. Reduce sauce to thicken to consistency you like, add mushrooms, add beef base to taste.
- Place 4 cow patties on a pile of mashed cauliflower and cover with sauce.
- These are something you could make lots of and put in your freezer for future meals.
- 4 Servings
- 683 Calories, 40.5g Protein, 53.2g Fat 2.3g Carbs, .6g Fiber, 1.7g Net Carbs
- Wahoo, these are good.
- Nutritionals include everything listed.
- If you decide to put these over mashed cauliflower then double the sauce ingredients.