Low Carb Parmesan Artichoke Heart Shrimp Salad. I have actually begun making and eating a few more salads than I used to. I have been and continue to be an avid carnivore but a small accompanying salad has now made its way to my table and…this salad has shrimp so…hey. A salad, in this country, is traditionally eaten before a meal whereas in Europe it comes at the end of a meal. Me? I tend to eat my salad with my meal. There is nothing particularly special about this salad except it is really tasty. It has a little dairy, a little seafood, a few veggies and a few greens and how much more balance could you want? Now I would normally make my own Caesar Salad Dressing but for this salad and for simplicity I am going to recommend Briannas Asiago Caesar Salad Dressing. Though I certainly don’t like the canola oil or a couple of the other ingredients, the taste is really pretty spot on and eating it every once in a while is not going to hurt anyone.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 8 Quartered Packed In Water Artichoke Hearts
- 16 Cooked & Peeled Medium Shrimp (16-20 Per Lb And Using Frozen Is Fine)
- 12-16 Oz Mixed Salad Greens (And Anything Works)
- ½-¾ C Briannas Asiago Caesar Dressing (+ More If Necessary)
- ¼ C Parmesan Cheese
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Mix salad greens. 3 T Parmesan cheese & dressing in large bowl. Gently blend in artichoke hearts and plate.
- Grind on pepper, decorate with 4 shrimp each salad and sprinkle remaining cheese on top of shrimp.
- 4 Servings
- 259 Calories, 15.8g Protein, 18.3g Fat, 7.3g Carbs, 3.0g Fiber, 4.3g Net Carbs
- Disgustingly, all I had was a choice of either head lettuce or bok choy so for this salad I chose both with bok choy for a little color and of course romaine would be the lettuce of choice here.
- I forgot the pepper for the pic, I put it on later and you really do need it.