Low Carb Mung Bean Sprouts Salad. What in heaven’s name do you do with a big ole bag of beautiful white mung bean sprouts when you have purchased them and only needed a small amount? Most people let them sit in their refrigerator for 5-6 days while they turn to…but you don’t need to, not anymore. This recipe goes right from fresh leftover sprouts to a warm side dish or a cold salad-your choice. I think once you have had them you will be buying sprouts just to make this dish as it is that good. You might call it low carb mung bean sprouts salad a little side dish of Asia.
If you end up making (and I recommend it) the Vietnamese Shrimp Bowl, you will have leftover sprouts and now you know how to use them.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 Lb Mung Bean Sprouts
- ¼ C Finely Sliced Green Onion Tops
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 2 T Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 1 T Fish Sauce + Also Served To The Side On Table
- 2 t Crushed Garlic
- Rinse and simmer bean sprouts in water about 4-5 minutes or until they just begin to turn translucent.
- If serving as salad rinse in cold water, drain well, gently squeeze to release any more water and refrigerate.
- If serving warm drain, gently squeeze to release any more water and add to fish sauce mixture.
- In larger bowl mix crushed garlic, fish sauce, onions, sesame seeds, and olive oil.
- Add bean sprouts, toss, mixing well and serve immediately.
- 6 Servings
- 67 Calories, 2.1g Protein, 5.5g Fat, 4.4g Carbs, 1.1g Fiber, 3.3g Net Carbs
- No matter what you do, the sprouts will continue releasing water until you eat them and all you can do it drain just before serving.
- Don't worry about having to buy fish sauce. It is a condiment and can be sprinkled on many, many dishes.