Low Carb Macaroni Salad. This is one of a trio of recipes for a terrific low carb picnic winter/summer indoors or out. The other two companion recipes are Southern Deep Fried Chicken & Guacamole Egg Bombs. Now you can have a complete guilt-free meal with a measly 10g net carbs. Not to shabby for a totally fill yourself up meal. You will need a recipe of Spaetzle. See that dry mustard in the pic? Not an ingredient, I was just kidding. Use the French’s style mustard.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 Recipe Spaetzle Noodles
- 1 Hard Boiled Egg (Or Two If You Want More)
- ½ C Small Diced Celery
- ¼ C Small Diced Red Peppers
- ¼ C Small Diced Red Onion
- ¼ C Green Onion Tops
- 1 Small Diced Medium Dill Pickle
- ⅓ C Mayonnaise (More If Needed)
- 2 T Yellow Mustard
- ¼ t Spike Spice (Or Salt)
- ¼ t Celery Seed
- ¼ t Pepper
- More Mayo If Needed
- Mix cold spaetzle noodles with pickle & all vegetables.
- Mix Mayo, mustard & all spices.
- Dress vegetables with mayo mixture.
- Taste & correct seasonings.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 6 Servings
- 192 Calories, 6.5g Protein, 14.4g Fat, 9.1g Carbs, 3.5g Fiber, 5.6g Net Carbs
- 8 Servings
- 144 Calories, 4.7g Protein, 10.8g Fat, 6.8g Carbs, 2.6g Fiber, 4.2g Net Carbs
- You could easily add some small diced zucchini, cucumber, kalamata or black olives, and/or ham/bacon for extra flavor, volume, and nutrition.