Low Carb Italian Parmesan Garlic Wings. What kind of combo is Parmesan & garlic? My taste buds say they are a marriage made in heaven and if you already have the dry herb ingredients used in Italian Dipping Oil you are in the home stretch. These wings could not be much easier to make and most of your time will be spent waiting for them to finish in a hot oven. I have listed the ingredients below so you have the whole recipe all together. I served mine with Brianna’s Asiago Caesar Dressing to dip into but they really didn’t need it as they are fabulous on their own.
The dry herb & spice mixture can just sit in a jar until further use. I use it in Traditional Spaghetti Sauce over squash or mung bean sprouts, sprinkled on top of an occasional low carb pizza, on all kinds of vegetables, and any other thing you can think of where Italian herbs are called for. This is an extremely easy and useful herb/spice blend.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am not sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use***
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 3 Lbs Split Chicken Wings
- 1 T Dried Basil
- 1 T Garlic Powder
- 1 T Dried Thyme
- 1 T Dried Oregano
- 1 T Dried Rosemary
- 1 T Dried Marjoram
- 1½ t Black Pepper
- 1½ t Salt
- ½ t Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ C Olive Oil
- 2 T Parmesan Cheese
- 1 T Crushed Garlic
- Bring chicken wings to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 425° .
- Line wings on a sheet pan(s) (on a Silpat if you have one) and put into hot oven.
- Bake 40-45 minutes.
- Combine all dried herbs & spices.
- When ready to serve wings combine 1 T spice blend, 1 T crushed garlic (or more to taste) with ½ C olive oil and 2 T Parmesan cheese, mix well, and put into a large bowl. Put wings into bowl and mix well-making sure all wings are well coated.
- 8 Servings As Appetizer
- 350 Calories, 21.4g Protein, 29.4g Fat, .7g Carbs, 0.0g Fiber, .7g Net Carbs
- 4 Servings As Dinner
- 702 Calories, 42.7g Protein, 58.8g Fat, 1.5g Carbs, 0.1g Fiber, 1.4g Net Carbs
- You WILL NOT use all the herb mix as the recipe makes quite a bit. Just save herbs and spices in a small jar and when you next want them, you have them.
- If you want to test before making the full recipe (you'll be sorry) use 1 t of each herb and ½ t each salt & pepper with a pinch of red pepper flakes
- Makes a great salad dressing.
- Lots of fat and nearly zero carbs.
- This is a very garlicky so enjoy it with good friends.
- I guarantee the dry mix ingredients are FAR superior to a packaged mix and yours will have zero sugar in it.