Low Carb Italian Dipping Oil is kind of hard to show a picture of since it’s just a bunch of herbs all mixed together in olive oil but this is so good on so many things. Its original intended use was as a dip for breads. Obviously if you use Carbalose Flour Bread great, and I use this oil on all kinds of vegetables. I love it on broccolini, mung bean sprouts, and Cauliflower Grits. Most often when used with bread, it also calls for the use of Parmesan cheese but since you will most likely be using it with vegetables then the obvious thing to do is to use that Parmesan on the vegetables too and it’s what I do. How many ways can you think to use it? How about Italian Parmesan Garlic Wings or Ham & Cheese Pinwheels and maybe even some Carbalose Italian Parmesan Garlic Knots.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 T Dried Basil
- 1 T Garlic Powder
- 1 T Dried Thyme
- 1 T Dried Oregano
- 1 T Dried Rosemary
- 1 T Dried Marjoram
- 1½ t Black Pepper
- 1½ t Salt
- ½ t Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 T Garlic Paste***
- 2¼ C Olive Oil
- Combine all dried herbs & spices.
- When ready to serve combine 2 t spice blend & 1 t crushed garlic (or more to taste) with ¼ C olive oil, mix well, and put on a small plate. Dip your brains out.
- 36 Servings
- 121 Calories, .1g Protein, 13.5g Fat, .2g Carbs, .0g Fiber, .2g Net Carbs
- You WILL NOT use all of this at once as the recipe makes quite a bit. (About 9 times for 4 servings) Just save dried herbs and spices in a small jar and when you want them, you have them.
- If you want to test before making the full recipe (you'll be sorry) use 1 t of each herb and ½ t each salt & pepper with a pinch of red pepper flakes
- Makes a great salad dressing.
- Lots of fat and nearly zero carbs.
- The serving sizes are approximate. Some may dip more and some may dip less.
- This is a very garlicky dip so enjoy it with good friends.
- I would suggest making a batch of this ahead of time to let all the herbs soften and flavors marry. I just leave mine on the counter until it's gone. No need to refrigerate.