Low Carb GroundDogs. Just in time for groundhog day and in march the GroundDogs. This is pathetically easy & your children (husbands) should love this super easy recipe. No, we are not making hot dogs, only grinding them for a salad-like lunch or a spread for crackers. Have to say I really had fun naming this puppy and hey N.Y. Mayor Bill de Blasio, keep your hands off these dogs.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 4 ¼ Lb Hot Dogs (I Use Hebrew National)
- ½ C Mayonnaise
- ⅓ C Sugarfree Sweet Pickle Relish (Mt. Olive)
- 3 T Yellow Mustard
- 1 t Liquid Smoke
- Brown and then grind (process) hotdogs.
- Mix rest of ingredients.
- Blend in dog meat.
- 4 Servings
- 473 Calories, 13.1g Protein, 3.0g Carbs, 0g Fiber, 3.0g Net Carbs
- It may seem a little soupy to begin with and if you are going to eat it immediately use a little less mayo but if put in the refrigerator for later, it will all soak up and congeal from the fat in the dogs.
- I try not to use too much pickle juice and if you like it, add less mayo
- You can serve this with anything you like.
- This tastes just like a stadium dog with no high carby bun.