Well, this Low Carb Gooey Sticky Butter Cake in not really “sticky” in the traditional way we think of as sticky but it sure looks like it should be. This is an extremely moist and versatile basic vanilla butter cake and may be changed to suit your fancy. It is terrific on its own and you can make it into an orange, lemon, or almond poppy seed cake with the addition of 2 t of any different extracts and 1-2 T poppy seeds. Another great topping is Sweetened Condensed Milk.
I have completely revamped this recipe. I have taken out all of the arrowroot, decreased the almond meal, and added ground pecans which has now significantly decreased the carb count while increasing the fat. If you have the other recipe and like it then great but I believe this one is actually much better. Not sure if you can tell by the pictures but it is extremely moist and dense. With taste? Oh yeah, there is lots of that too.
The original recipe of this was made with a store bought yellow cake mix and to think I actually made it several times? Yikes and yuck on me.
This is a reminder that if you are going to bake (anything) it would be a very good idea to have professional baking pans. Magic Line Pans are probably the best quality available, they come in about every size & shape you would ever need and…they are actually made here in the USA. There is even a complete size set (6”,7”,8”,9”,10”, and 12”) and with these pans you will have what you need (and more) to make the recipes. Because I promote this set of pans several places on this site they keep selling out of them so if you don’t see the 6 pan combo call 309-747-2125 and they will make one for you.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am not sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use***
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 2¼ C Almond Meal
- ¾ C Ground Pecans
- ½ C Just Like Sugar Brown***
- ¾ C Melted Butter
- ¼ C Sugar Free Maple Syrup***
- 3 Eggs
- ¼ C Heavy Cream
- ¼ C Sour Cream
- 2 t Vanilla Extract
- 12 Oz Room Temperature Cream Cheese
- ½ C Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- ¼ C Heavy Cream
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- 8 Drops EZSweetz Liquid Sucralose***
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Lightly butter pan.
- Add Just Like Sugar to pecans and grind them. This keeps them from turning to butter.
- In large bowl, mix almond meal, ground pecans and Just Like Sugar.
- In smaller bowl, beat butter & maple syrup, add the eggs one at a time, then add vanilla, sour cream & heavy cream.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix thoroughly.
- Smooth batter into the pan and bake for 20 minutes or until it is only slightly brown on top.
- While the cake is baking, beat cream cheese, maple syrup, Sucralose and last 1 t vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add heavy cream and mix just to blend.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cover with the topping mixture.
- Place back in the oven and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely to cold and slice into 16 squares.
- 16 Servings
- 216 Calories, 6.0g Protein, 20.2g Fat, 4.8g Carbs, 2.2g Fiber, 2.6g Net Carbs
- A half recipe works perfectly in a 7"x7" pan.
- As this is sugarfree it will not stick to the pan and should come out exactly as it looks.
- I didn't do it but I think maybe ½ C desiccated coconut might be good in the topping.