Low Carb Glazed Pork Chops. So, I found this recipe for Glazed Pork Chops on the internet awhile ago and they sounded absolutely DamnedDelicious. Only problem, not only did the sauce have balsamic vinegar which can be a little high carby depending on which brand you use, it also had honey in it. Otherwise, besides the honey, I have not altered the recipe at all and I am here to tell you these chops are seriously damn delicious. The original recipe still only has 16.2g carbs which is not too bad but hey, why not lower them even more. Do use a good thick bone-in T-bone chop as thin ones tend to dry out quickly. You probably won’t do this but I tend to eat my pork on the rather pinkish side which leaves them tender. The sauce is also terrific dabbed on pork tenderloin medallions.
Pictured is the lower carb balsamic vinegar I use. Very recent true story: I had another recipe posted which also called for balsamic vinegar and a friend of mine emailed me asking what brand I used and I told her Napoleon. She quickly replied something like: What? You use $35.-$45 a bottle vinegar? I can’t afford that. To which I replied: Are you nuts? No it’s about $9.-$10. a bottle. The price she saw on Amazon was for 6 bottles. She then headed to the grocery to get the ingredients for the newly posted Crunchy Deep Fried Chicken Chips to dip into Rosemary Aioli.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 4 Bone-In 1” Thick Pork Chops
- 2 T Butter (Olive Oil)
- Salt & Pepper
- ¼ C Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 T Just Like Sugar Brown
- 2 t Crushed Garlic
- ½ t Dried Oregano
- ½ t Dried Basil
- ½ t Dried Thyme
- Pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly salt & pepper both sides of your chops.
- Begin to brown butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chops and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Place into oven and roast about 6-8 minutes.
- Mix balsamic vinegar, Just Like Sugar, garlic, oregano, basil, thyme and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan over medium-low heat bring to simmer until just slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in any meat juices back into glaze.
- Drizzle glaze over chops.
- 4 Servings
- 453 Calories, 49.1g Protein, 2.0g Carbs, 0g Fiber, 2.0g Net Carbs
- I used an 8 oz bone-in tenderloin attached pork chop to figure nutritionals and if yours are larger (smaller) the only thing that would change is the protein and a few more (less) calories.
- If you decide to double the glaze it will add a measly 2g carbs and they are from the extra vinegar.
- I haven’t tried it but to add an Asian spin you may want to put a little ginger powder in the glaze just not sure if it would fight the other herb flavors.