Low Carb Gingerbread. I’d been thinking about this Gingerbread recipe for a while, finally decided to try it, and success is so sweet. Over the last 4 years my tastes for sweet stuff has diminished in that it doesn’t take as much for something to taste sweet to me so if you think this needs to be a bit sweeter add a little more www.justlikesugar.com. A dollop of whipped cream and you’re good to go. Wanna see what happened one time when I under-cooked a recipe of this gingerbread? Not always, but most of the time, I can make lemonade out of lemons. I ended up with what are now Gingerbread Waffles with a fabulous gingerbread pudding to boot which only goes to show, don’t be afraid of failure in the kitchen because there can often times be success right around the corner.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am not sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use***
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 8 Eggs
- 8 T Melted Butter
- 1 C Just Like Sugar Brown***
- ¼ C Molasses
- ¼ C Heavy Cream
- ¼ C Sour Cream
- 2 T Water
- 2 C Almond Flour
- ¾ C Coconut Flour
- 1 t Baking Soda
- 1 T +1 t Baking Powder
- 2 T Powdered Ginger
- 1 T Cinnamon
- 1 t Nutmeg
- ½ t Powdered Cloves
- ¼ t Guar Gum
- ¼ t Xanthan Gum
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly butter bottom only 10”x10” baking pan.
- Beat Eggs, and beat in molasses, Just Like Sugar, water, heavy cream, sour cream and melted butter.
- Mix dry ingredients, add wet to dry and blend well.
- Put batter in greased pan and bake for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean. Do not over bake.
- Allow to cool or serve warm topped with whipped cream.
- 16 Servings
- 226 Calories, 7.0g Protein, 17.8g Fat, 10.1g Carbs 3.8g Fiber, 6.3g Net Carbs
- You might try slicing ½" pieces, toasting & buttering or toasting & spreading/cream cheese...or both.
- This recipe divides nicely in half using a 7"x7" pan.