Low Carb Gazpacho. I call this the “Cheater’s Version” Gazpacho as my base starts with spicy V-8 juice. This soup was originally a peasant concoction made simply with mashed bread, vegetables, and tomatoes, originating in the southern Andalusia region of Spain. Gazpacho has been described as a soup-salad or liquid salad and is the quintessential hot summer day lunch or accompaniment. It’s spicy, hearty, healthy, good-and oh yeah, it also makes a pretty kick butt salsa.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 46 Oz. Bottle Spicy V-8 Juice
- 1 C Chopped Red Onion
- 1 C Chopped Cucumber
- 2 C Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 C Chopped Orange Pepper
- 2 T Lemon Juice
- 2 t Crushed Garlic
- 2 t Salt
- 1 t Pepper
- Olive Oil To Drizzle
- 1 C Slivered Green Onion Tops
- Chopped Cilantro (Optional)
- Dollop Of Sour Cream Or Creme Fraiche (Optional)
- Rough cut all vegetables, put into process and pulse into a slurry. You want a little chunkiness but not much. Add to chilled V-8 along with rest of ingredient down to and including pepper.
- Mix thoroughly.
- This may be served immediately but better yet, refrigerate to let all the flavors come together.
- Put in serving bowls, drizzle with olive oil, top with green onions and add sour cream if wanted.
- 8 Servings
- 49 Calories, 2.1 Protein, 10.3g Carbs, 1.7g Fiber, 8.5g Net Carbs
- I have not tried this but another healthy addition might be 1 C zucchini which would add a bit more green to the soup.