Low Carb Fijian Cerviche. No secret that I like Cerviche and this Fijian Cerviche (Kokoda) is no different. I love the freshness of fish or shrimp cooked in acids and then eaten immediately. This has some of the same ingredients in Seafood Cerviche with the surprising addition of cucumbers and coconut cream. One of the other things I like about a cerviche is, except for grains which I pretty much do not eat anyway is, it has protein by way of the fish and lots of low carb fruits and vegetables with healthy coconut cream as kicker. On a hot summer day sittin’ on the porch, this may be the perfect answer for not having to heat your oven or your house.
Fijian Cerviche can easily be served as an appetizer but my personal problem is that I love it so much an appetizer is not enough. We all have our priorities.
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 Lb Fish Tilapia Or Halibut Work Nicely As Does The Addition Of Shrimp
- 2 Limes Juiced
- 1 Can Coconut Cream (5.4 Oz Or ⅓ Cup)
- 1⁄4 C Finely Chopped Cilantro
- ¼ C Green Onion Tops
- 1 Large Seeded And Finely Chopped Roma Tomato
- 3⁄4 C Finely Diced Red Bell Pepper
- 3⁄4 C Finely Diced Orange Or Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 C Peeled And Seeded Cucumber
- ½ Cup Finely Diced Red Onion
- 1 Lime Cut Into 4 Wedges As Garnish
- Salt And Pepper To Taste
- 4 Servings
- Marinate fish in line juice for not more than 30 minutes, mixing occasionally, drain, retaining juice.
- Combine all ingredients with fish.
- Blend coconut milk with 4 T of drained lime juice and mix into rest of ingredients.
- Serve immediately with wedge of lime.
- 4 Servings
- 209 Calories, 25.8g Protein, 6.2g Fat, 11.9g Carbs, 3.6g Fiber, 8.3g Net Carbs