Low Carb Eggplant French Fries. I can’t think of anyone I have ever known who doesn’t love them and they are certainly just as good if not better, than regular ole fries so so easy to make, and they go with about anything. Do not mistake these for some baked-in-the-oven version, these are the real deal fried in lard but most often in duck fat.
Is that ketchup you ask? Yes it is, a Sugar-Free Ketchup. I do use it in recipes of all stripes but with fries I use it just naked.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use*** And here, in one tidy package, are over 550 Keto~Paleo~Low Carb~Diabetic Chef’s Recipes
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 1 Medium-Large Eggplant
- 1 Egg
- 1 C Parmesan Cheese
- Oil For Frying (I Use Lard Or Duck Fat)
- Peel eggplant and cut into “fries”.
- Whip egg and coat eggplant fries.
- Put cheese in a one gallon plastic bag, add fries and shake until coated.
- Heat oil to 350-360 degrees and carefully add ½ cheese covered fries. Let fry undisturbed for several minutes and then carefully turn them. Let them get a little past golden brown.
- Remove from oil, place on a paper toweled sheet pan an put in warm oven.
- Repeat with last ½ fries.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- 4 Servings
- 250 Calories, 10.8g Protein, 7.6g Carbs, 3.1g Fiber, 4.5g Net Carbs
- I eat these dipped in sugar-free ketchup***.
- If you end up needing a little more Parmesan cheese no big deal. It will only add a few more calories and really, who cares if you eat a bit more cheese-I certainly don't.