Low Carb Cucumber Lime Mignonette. This low carb Cucumber Lime Mignonette is good with pretty much any seafood. If you like raw oysters, and I do, it is perfect doused on them. The second time I made it, and when I was sure I liked the balance, I did it with a flash-fried calamari steak, hence the picture. I know it’s good on shrimp but I didn’t take pictures so the next time….and now done. I most often do not eat oysters at home as they are such a treat on the rare occasion that I eat out, but I will now buy some soon, just to pig out on them. I have had some really good mignonettes and I have also had some pretty tasteless ones so you will have to decide which you think this is. There’s a Bonus: It also makes a fabulous salad dressing with the addition of olive oil. You can’t see much of it but you sure will taste it.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use***
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 3 T SugarFree Rice Vinegar
- 2 T Fish Sauce
- 1 T Lime Juice
- ¼ C Minced Cucumber
- ¼ C Minced Purple Onion (Or Shallots Are Great Too)
- 2 T Minced Jalapeno Pepper
- 2 T Just Like Sugar Brown***
- 1 T Jalapeno Juice
- 1½ t Garlic Paste***
- Freshly Ground Pepper If Desired
- In small bowl mix all liquid ingredients then add garlic and Just Like Sugar Brown.
- Mince all appropriate veggies and add to liquids.
- Refrigerate for at least several hours.
- 6 Servings
- 6 Calories, .4g Protein, 0.0g Fat, 1.1g Carbs, 0.1g Fiber, 1.0g Net Carbs
- 8 Servings
- 4 Calories, .3g Protein, 0.0g Fat, 0.8g Carbs, 0.1g Fiber, 0.7g Net Carbs
- You are probably going to find yourself slurping any leftovers.
- The first time I made this I peeled the cucumber and the second time I did not. Do as you wish but it is much prettier with the peel left on. (See Pictures)