Low Carb Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing. Gads, I tried and tried to make this creamy poppy seed dressing with the original oil version but because I wasn’t using sugar I could not keep everything in suspension. It tasted just like the original but it kept separating and you would have to shake it. I have to say though, that this version of the famous poppy seed dressing is pretty tasty stuff and very like it’s original sister. The salad shown is with strawberries, bacon and tomato.
For a list of products you may not be familiar with and used on this site, please read Low Carb Pantry Essentials. I am NOT sponsor-compensated for recommending a product that I use***
As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
- 8 Drops Splenda*** (⅓ C Just Like Sugar Baking*** To Keep It Paleo)
- 3 T White Vinegar
- ¾ C Mayonnaise
- 2 t Grated Onion
- 1½ t Poppy Seeds
- 1 t Dry Mustard
- Beat all ingredients together. Taste and if you like it sweeter add another drop of Splenda.
- 6 Servings
- 205 Calories, 0.1 Protein, 24.3g Fat 0.8 Carbs, 0.1 Fiber, 0.7 Net Carbs
- This is very good on avocado & tomato or avocado & strawberries.
- You may add 1 t of orange extract for a little oomph if serving with just bare naked strawberries.
- You can also make with ½ yogurt and ½ mayo.